Welcome to Kristen Stewart Gossip, your ultimate resource for the talented actress Kristen Stewart. Most known for her role as Bella Swan in The Twilight Saga, you may also recognize her from The Runaways, Into the Wild and Panic Room. Up next for Kristen will be On The Rode and udoubtedly much more as her career continues to grow. Here we aim to bring you the most up-to-date news and information, photos and much more! Enjoy your stay and check back for all the latest!
Follow Us On Twitter @KStewartGossip

Monday, March 22, 2010

Interview: Kristen Stewart & Dakota Fanning on The Runaways with Seattle Pi


Teen actors Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart first got to know each other on the set of The Twilight Saga: New Moon, the second film in the uber-popular vampire franchise that’s made both of them famous among the Hot Topic set. But in this week’s The Runaways, these Twilight alums reunite and throw caution to the wind as female rock icons Cherie Currie and Joan Jett, who met in 1970s Los Angeles and went on to form one of the most influential — though notoriously short-lived — female outfits in rock history.

We spoke with Stewart and Fanning in Los Angeles, where the two close co-stars shared a couch and plenty of laughs as they reflected back on their careers, their favorite Runaways songs, and their Twilight bond.

Jen Yamato: Both of you were new to the Runaways’ music before you became involved in the film. What were your first reactions to their music and how much did it encourage you to sign on to the project?

Kristen Stewart: You read a script that seems all about the music and … the end is sort of bittersweet, but it’s definitely something to celebrate. It’s a happy ending. If you listened to the music and it fell short, it would be like, why are we telling this story? The movie really is about the music.

Dakota Fanning: I loved the music, I really did. I didn’t know it, but then I read the script and I watched all the Live in Japan videos right afterward. Just seeing “Cherry Bomb” and seeing Cherie perform it, I realized I wanted to do it. Now I’ve completely fallen in love with the music and it reminds me of such a great time in my life. I just pretend that I’m still making the movie when I listen to the music!

KS: The weird thing is that it sounds so much like a lot of other songs and bands, but you can hear that it’s original. It just seems fresh, it seems new, it seems like it was their idea. And it’s so young, when you listen to it, it’s so obvious that 15-year-olds wrote this music.

Keep reading

No comments:

Post a Comment