Welcome to Kristen Stewart Gossip, your ultimate resource for the talented actress Kristen Stewart. Most known for her role as Bella Swan in The Twilight Saga, you may also recognize her from The Runaways, Into the Wild and Panic Room. Up next for Kristen will be On The Rode and udoubtedly much more as her career continues to grow. Here we aim to bring you the most up-to-date news and information, photos and much more! Enjoy your stay and check back for all the latest!
Follow Us On Twitter @KStewartGossip

Monday, February 22, 2010

Joan Jett says Kristen Stewart became her 'mirror image' for The Runaways


If there's one thing that was plain and clear during promotional interviews of Kristen Stewart for The Runaways, it was that capturing the essence of her "friend" Joan Jett was a very important effort on her part . . . and one which she was nervous about perfecting.

According to Interview Magazine's recent interview with Joan Jett, though, Stewart has little to worry about in the way of that.

"I found Kristen to be through and through totally professional and just great to be around. I found us to be really, scarily similar, just in our physicality, the way we move through space. The first time we met was a little over a year ago, New Year's Eve. She came to see us do a concert. We hung out for the whole day, and I just dumped on her about everything I could think about The Runaways-I mean, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I told her all that stuff and how much it meant to me. Then she went off to do New Moon, and I didn't see her again until about two weeks before The Runaways thing started. But she is so authentic. The thing that came through to me was that it was important to her to capture it. She really wanted to nail it. So I gave her all The Runaways music that I could find; I gave her tapes of me talking. . . . When we were together prior to the start of filming, she was staring at me the whole time. And I was fine with it because I knew she was watching my posture, my mannerisms, everything I did, the way I hold my hands, just everything. And she really soaked it in. When we were hanging out together on set, it was like I had a mirror image. Even just sitting around, we'd do the same thing at the same time. It was just great-and it wasn't creepy. It was wonderfully special."

Of course, all reviews of the film pointed in this direction, and Jett has been no bit shy of giving absolute praise to Kristen Stewart's performance after the fact, but this is certainly an interesting piece of insight into the process.

Thanks: KStewartFans

No comments:

Post a Comment